Mulaka – Physical Edition Update 2021
Before anything else, we want to wish you all a fantastic 2021, hopefully this first month of the year has treated you all well.
We thought it was important to share with you some updates, we know it has been a while since we last talked about Mulaka’s Physical Edition, and although we have been hearing and reading all your feedback and to the best of our abilities tried to provide answers for you, there was not a lot of information that we could rely to you. There are a few reasons for that, and we would like to outline them here.
– Our primary responsibility was to create a quality game for you in the form of Mulaka’s content and refinement, both for the digital and physical editions; and we believe we have succeeded on that front, the manufacturing and distribution of the Physical Edition however, falls outside of our area of control. We rely on our partners at First Press Games to deliver on this front, as they are ultimately the publishers of these editions and the ones who have the experience and the contacts to arrange and sync-up all of the many processes required to craft these goods, as well as handling sales and shipping. Putting a physical edition together is no easy task, and there were a multitude of reasons why their processes were halted last year; and although they worked really hard in finding solutions, they could not find them in time for a 2020 release. Additionally and unfortunately, we were not made aware of these issues at the time. First Press Games has outlined the complications of their production process in a newsletter that you can read here.
– Given the aforementioned complications, and particularly during the second half of 2020, First Press Games was unable to provide enough information for us to accurately establish a new release window for the now delayed Physical Edition, which resulted in great uncertainty for you all, and for which we are terribly sorry. However, we hope you can understand our position, as mentioned in our July statement, we were not willing to set a new timeframe for release without the certainty that we would also be able to hit the mark. This out of respect for all of our audience and particularly to those who had already pre-ordered one of the 4 editions available. It seems like things are now reaching a point of stability with our partners and that is why we feel confident enough to put out this update now.
– It cannot be understated that the development of these physical editions, especially on First Press Game’s physical front (Blu-rays, boxes, manuals, artbooks, coins, etc.), coincided with a time of crisis with the global COVID-19 pandemic, processes that at a prior time would have been straightforward enough, now could take additional weeks or months, this certainly did not help.
It is not our intention to make this sound like a series of excuses, we just want to make sure that you know a little of what has been going on behind the curtain, and this update is our way of showing appreciation for your patience.
Rest assured, we have worked our hardest all throughout 2020 and now 2021 to make sure we deliver a fun and high-quality product that you will feel proud to own.
At this time, we are looking at a staggered release window for the regular editions:
– PlayStation 4 Regular Edition – Estimated release window in February
– Nintendo Switch Regular Edition – Estimated release window in April
The regular editions are already partially produced and should be ready for distribution in those dates. The Collector’s Editions, which contain a much larger number of inserts are still a little bit harder to estimate windows for, but we expect to have news for you soon, as we see production pipelines ramp up in Europe and Asia which will yield production numbers required for First Press Games and us to estimate new timeframes. However, it’s worth mentioning that most designs have been approved and everything is looking truly impressive, First Press Games has some of the best looking collector’s editions in the market and Mulaka is no exception.
Finally, and as always, we greatly appreciate your continued support and your patience with this whole endeavor, we are certain that these editions will be of the highest quality and we cannot wait for you to get your hands on them.
On behalf of everyone at Lienzo,
Head of PR and Marketing