Based in Chihuahua, Mexico
Press / Business contact:
Av. Heroico Colegio Militar #4709-2
Col. Nombre de Dios 31105
Chihuahua, Chih., Mexico
+ 52 (1) 614 424 0444 Ext. 2700
Lienzo is a video game development studio located in Chihuahua, Mexico. We create experiences that are up to the quality standard of this creative international industry. We know that video games are the ultimate medium for storytelling and we strive to leave a mark on the lives of gamers.
Lienzo was founded in 2012 in order to provide the local talent with a place to develop and fulfill their creativity. The studio began working on various small projects, a lot of them under contracts, for different companies and events, including food chains and museums.Now
By the end of 2014, the studio decided it was time to move forward to new, bigger, and original projects. Everyone at Lienzo realized it was a risky move, but wanted to create something that was their own. Lienzo began laying the groundwork for their biggest project to date and began planning of a video game based on the Tarahumara indigenous tribe that lives in northern Mexico. The name of the game is Mulaka and the studio pursued funding for over a year, doing everything from networking events, pitching to investors, and even a Kickstarter. Meanwhile, a couple of members of the studio began work on a platforming game that would become what we now know as Hunter's Legacy, the first Lienzo game to be released to the public. Starting 2016, the development process of Mulaka is finally funded and everyone at Lienzo is working on making this the best experience they can for the Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
Mulaka - Launch Trailer YouTube
Mulaka - PAX West 2017 Trailer YouTube
Mulaka - The Tarahumara Culture YouTube
Mulaka - The Mythological Creatures YouTube
Mulaka - The Game YouTube
Hunter's Legacy Release Trailer YouTube
Mulaka: Origin Tribes Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
There are far more images available for Lienzo, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Game" - National Contest of Video Games MX, December, 2017
- "Best Cultural Game" - National Contest of Video Games MX, December, 2017
- "Official PSX 2017 Selection" - PlayStation, December, 2017
- "Game Informer's Best Indies of PAX West 2017" - Game Informer, September, 2017
- "Official PAX West 2017 Selection" - Indie MEGABOOTH, September, 2017
- "Nindies Arcade PAX West 2017 Selection" - Nintendo, September, 2017
- "MIX Seattle Games Showcase 2017 Selection" - Media Indie Exchange, September, 2017
- "IGN's Favorite Games of Nindies@Night 2017" - IGN, August, 2017
- "ID@Xbox Pre-PAX Open House 2017 Selection" - Xbox, August, 2017
- "Mulaka: Official E3 Selection" - Indie MEGATRAILER, June, 2017
- "Entrepreneurship Wall - Lienzo" - A brick with Lienzo's logo was placed at Orion Park, November, 2015
- "Mulaka: Among the top 100 of over 42K projects" - Posible Mexico, July 2015
- "Mulaka has the potential to light the spark of video game development in Mexico"
- Cody Perez, Game Revolution
- "Mulaka is the beastmaster game I didn't know I wanted"
- Papa Niero, Destructoid
- "Mulaka is Bafflingly True to The Culture it's Based On"
- Tyler Robertson, Hardcore Gamer
- "Other indie developers should take lessons from Lienzo's work"
- Joel Cooper, Geek Side Magazine
- "Unleash the Kitty in Hunter's Legacy"
- Evan Spadaccini, Indie Game Magazine
- "Mulaka, Never Alone, and Videogames as Cultural Agents."
- Cassidee Moser, Kill Screen
- "Fighting the Gigantic Beasts of a Forgotten Mexican Culture in Mulaka, Now on Kickstarter"
- Chris Priestman, Siliconera
- "Preserving Mexico's Tarahumara Tribal Culture Through Video Games"
- Rafi Schwartz, GOOD
Mulaka's official website is available at lienzo.mx.
Hunter's Legacy website
Hunter's Legacy official website is available at lienzo.mx.
We encourage people to subscribe to our newsletter at lienzo.mx.
Team & Repeating Collaborator